INTAGE Healthcare Inc. has conducted market research for non-prescription and prescription drugs, CRO (contract research organization) services, data management and analysis services, etc. based on our vision of “Healthier Decisions: By bringing life to information, we help patients, healthcare providers and suppliers, and all people wishing for good health to reach healthier decisions that matter.”
1. Collection (acquisition), use, and provision of personal information
- The Company clearly defines the purpose of use and collects (acquires) personal information by lawful and fair means.
- The Company uses personal information within the scope of the purpose of use for which the consent of the individual concerned has been obtained and takes measures not to use personal information beyond the scope necessary for achieving the specified purpose of use. In addition, with the prior consent of the individual concerned, the Company may use personal information beyond the scope necessary for achieving the specified purpose of use.
- In principle, the Company does not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the individual concerned.
- The Company maintains personal information in an accurate and up-to-date state within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use.
2. Compliance with laws, regulations, and other rules on the protection of personal information
The Company handles personal information in compliance with the laws and regulations on the handling of personal information, the guidelines established by the government, the “Marketing Research Code of Conduct” and the “Marketing Research Industry Guidelines for Protection of Personal Information” set forth by the Japan Marketing Research Association (JMRA), of which the Company is a member, the “Guidelines for Proper Handling of Personal Information by Pharmaceutical Companies” established by the Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers’ Associations of JAPAN (FPMAJ), and other rules.
3. Safety management of personal information
The Company implements systematic, personnel, physical, and technical safety management measures to prevent and correct leakage, loss, or damage of personal information.
4. Response to complaints and consultation
For inquiries and complaints about the Company’s handling of personal information, please contact us by telephone or other means described in Details Part 6 (Inquiries and Complaints Desk).
The Company will, without delay, respond to requests from an individual whose personal data is retained or the individual’s representative for notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, etc. (correction, addition, or deletion of content), and termination of use, etc. (termination of use, erasure, and termination of provision to a third party).
5. Continuous improvement of the personal information protection management system
Established on April 1, 2019
Yoshiya Nishi, President and Representative Director
INTAGE Healthcare Inc.
For details of the handling of personal information, please refer to the following.
Details Part 1: Purpose of use of personal information
- The Company is mainly engaged in marketing research specialized in the field of healthcare, aiming to conduct surveys and collect (acquire) information on the awareness of medical doctors, healthcare providers, and consumers, and the actual conditions concerning products and services, and statistically process this information to provide it to companies, organizations, etc. In principle, the personal information collected (acquired) is aggregated into statistical data and is not used in a format in which individuals are identified.
- In order to target the individuals (survey respondents) to whom the Company makes requests for cooperation in its marketing research, the Company may collect (acquire) personal information, such as names, addresses, etc., in advance. The methods used are based on the appropriate and legitimate use of a variety of information sources, e.g. extraction from websites, etc., extraction from publications, such as telephone books and commercially available name lists, and deposits from marketing research clients.
- The Company may broadly recruit people to cooperate in its research and select survey respondents from among the applicants. In this regard, however, at the time of their application, the Company notifies them of the purpose of use of their collected (acquired) personal information. In addition, the Company may request the survey respondents who cooperated for the first time in the research to register as monitors for PLAMED Inc., a subsidiary of the Company, which manages research monitor data, and to cooperate in subsequent research.
- The Company may conduct marketing research without specifying the individuals to whom the Company makes requests for cooperation in its marketing research (survey respondents) and collect (acquire) personal information, such as names, addresses, etc., of the survey respondents at that time. In such a case, the Company notifies them, either orally or in writing, of the purpose of use in advance.
- The personal information about business partners’ personnel obtained from business cards, received mails, or name lists available to the public is used for the performance of an agreement, provision of information on products and services handled by the Company, provision of information on seminars and briefings hosted by the Company, communication necessary for conduct of the Company’s activities, business operations, and accounting processes, sending letters of greeting and new year's cards from officers, and sending requests for cooperation with customer satisfaction surveys and other questionnaire surveys.
- The Company uses the personal information of its workers, applicants, and retirees for employment management and to provide various notices both while employed and after retirement.
Details Part 2: Personal information subject to disclosure
“Retained personal data” is defined as follows in accordance with Article 2, paragraph 7 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
“personal data which a personal information handling business operator has the authority to disclose, correct, add or delete the contents of, cease the utilization of, erase, and cease the third-party provision of, and which shall be neither those prescribed by cabinet order as likely to harm the public or other interests if their presence or absence is made known nor those set to be deleted within a period of no longer than one year that is prescribed by cabinet order”
The items and the purpose of use of the retained personal data that is handled by the Company are as follows:
- Items of retained personal data
Names, departments/divisions, positions, titles, addresses, answers to the question items according to the research purpose
- Purpose of use of retained personal data
Preparation of statistical data to facilitate the improvement of products and services
- Personal information of persons in charge of transactions:
- Performance of an agreement, and provision of information on the products and services handled by the Company;
- Provision of information on the seminars and briefings hosted by the Company;
- Communication necessary for the performance of the Company’s activities, business operations, and accounting processes; and
- Sending letters of greeting and New Year's cards from officers, and sending requests for cooperation with customer satisfaction surveys and other questionnaire surveys.
- Personal information of employees: Employment management, business communication, etc.
- Personal information of applicants: Employment administrative procedures, including communication, response to inquiries, and preparation for acceptance
- Personal information of retirees: Response to inquiries from the individuals concerned after retirement
Details Part 3: Request for disclosure, etc. of personal information subject to disclosure
With respect to the retained personal data, the Company, without delay, responds to requests from individuals whose personal data is retained or the individual’s representative for notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, etc. (correction, addition, or deletion of content), and termination of use, etc. (termination of use, erasure, or termination of provision to a third party).
- Items of personal information subject to disclosure, etc.
Names, addresses, and answers to question items according to the research purpose
- Where a request for disclosure, etc. is made
For a request for disclosure, etc., please fill in the prescribed application form, attach the necessary documents, and send them by postal mail to the following address. In addition, please write in red on the envelope, “Application form for disclosure, etc. enclosed.”
Keita Murai, Personal Information Protection Manager, INTAGE Healthcare Inc.
Ochanomizu Sola City 13F, 4-6, Kandasurugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0062
- Documents (forms), etc. to submit when requesting disclosure, etc.
When making a request for disclosure, etc., please download the following application form (a), fill in all required items, and enclose the document (b) to verify your identity.
- Application form prescribed by the Company
Application Form for Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information Subject to Disclosure
- Documents to verify identity
A copy of a driver’s license, passport, or other official document: Either one (1) of them
- Request for disclosure, etc. by a representative
If the person making a request for disclosure, etc. is a legal representative of a minor or an adult ward, or is a representative commissioned by the individual concerned, please enclose the following document (a or b) in addition to the documents set forth in the preceding paragraph.
- In the case of a legal representative:
- One (1) copy of the application form prescribed by the Company (above (3) (a));
- One (1) copy of a document verifying authority to act as a legal representative (in the case of a person who has parental authority, a copy of the insurance card on which their dependents are stated is also acceptable); and
- One (1) copy of a document verifying legal representation of the minor or adult ward (the legal representative’s driver’s license (the place of registered domicile should be deleted before submission), passport, or other official documents).
- In the case of a commissioned representative:
- One (1) copy of a power of attorney affixed with the registered seal of the individual concerned; and
- One (1) copy of the registered seal certificate of the individual concerned.
- Fees for requesting a notification of the purpose of use and disclosure
An amount of 500 yen will be charged as a fee. Please enclose postage stamps equivalent to 500 yen.
- Method of responding to a request for disclosure, etc.
The Company sends a response in writing to the address specified by the applicant on the application form.
- Purpose of use of personal information collected (acquired) in respect of a request for disclosure, etc.
Personal information collected (acquired) in respect of a request for disclosure, etc. will only be used within the scope necessary for responding to the request for disclosure, etc. The documents submitted will be retained for a period of two (2) years after the completion of the response to the request for disclosure, etc. and will be destroyed upon the expiration of such period.
- Cases of not being able to respond to a request for disclosure, etc.
Please note that, in cases falling under the following items (a) through (j), the Company may not respond to a request for disclosure, etc. In such a case, the Company will provide notice with reasons:
- If the individual’s identity cannot be verified, for example, if the address stated on the application form or the address stated on the identification documents does not match the address registered with the Company;
- In the case where the application is made by a representative, if the power of authority cannot be verified;
- In the case of a defect in the prescribed application documents;
- If the object of the request for disclosure does not correspond to the personal information subject to disclosure;
- If such disclosure, etc. may harm the life, limb, or property of the individual concerned or a third party;
- If such disclosure, etc. may promote or induce an illegal or improper act;
- If such disclosure, etc. may harm the safety of the country, damage the relationship of trust with other countries or international organizations, or create a disadvantage in negotiations with other countries or international organizations;
- If such disclosure, etc. may interfere with the prevention, suppression, or investigation of crimes, or with maintaining public safety and order;
- If such disclosure, etc. may significantly interfere with the proper execution of the Company’s business operations; or
- In the case of violation of other laws and regulations.
Details Part 4: Provision of personal information to third parties
The Company properly manages the personal information collected (acquired) and never provides it to a third party without the prior consent of the individual concerned, except in the following cases:
- In those cases based on laws and regulations;
- In the case where there is a need to protect human life, limb, or property, if it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned;
- In the case where there is a special need to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, if it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned; and
- In the case where there is a need to cooperate with national or local public organizations or a person or entity entrusted by them in executing the operations prescribed by laws, if obtaining the consent of the individual concerned may impede the execution of said operations.
Details Part 5: Shared use of personal information
- Shared use of monitor information with PLAMED Inc.
- Scope of information subject to shared use
INTAGE Healthcare Inc. shares monitor (including members; hereinafter referred to as “monitor(s)”) information with its group company, PLAMED Inc.
- Items of monitor information subject to shared use:
- Date of birth;
- E-mail addresses;
- Information on place of work;
- Information on treatment department;
- Addresses to send rewards;
- Contents of inquiries; and
- Survey cooperation history.
- Purpose of use of information subject to shared use
When conducting a survey, the Company uses such information to extract the persons to be surveyed, make requests to participate in the survey, and improve the quality of services, etc.
- Method of acquisition
- Direct acquisition from the monitors themselves in writing (including by e-mail and on the Web).
- Direct acquisition from the monitors themselves by means other than in writing (such as orally, and by video and sound recording) after contacting them.
- Restrictions on shared use
If a monitor himself/herself provides notice of refusal for the shared use, he or she is excluded from those monitors whose information is subject to shared use.
- Name of the person responsible for managing monitor information
PLAMED Inc. Personal Information Protection Manager
Yasaka Shijo Karasuma Building 10F, 79 Kankoboko-cho, Muromachi-higashi-iru, Shijo-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi 600-8009
- Shared use of personal information of sole proprietors (business partners) that is retained by group companies
INTAGE Healthcare Inc. shares the personal information of sole proprietors as business partners’ information retained by INTAGE group companies. In the future, the way in which shared use is handled may be revised as necessary. In such a case, an announcement will be made in advance.
- Purpose of shared use
Personal information is shared within the scope of each INTAGE group company’s purpose of use of personal information, and for the purpose of improving the efficiency of sharing and managing business partners’ information by using the integrated management information system.
- Items of personal information subject to shared use:
- Addresses; and
- Telephone numbers.
- Scope of companies sharing personal information
Personal information is shared among INTAGE group companies in Japan listed on the INTAGE HOLDINGS website, excluding the companies listed below.
- Group companies excluded from the scope of shared use:
- Kyoto Constella Technologies Co., Ltd.; and
- DOCOMO InsightMarketing, Inc.
- Method for acquiring personal information
Personal information subject to shared use is that acquired by each group company from information provided through the exchange of business cards, at seminars, or directly by individuals in writing (including e-mails), and from information publicly available online or in print. Appropriate security measures are taken when information is transferred.
- Person responsible for shared use
A personal information protection manager is appointed for each of the INTAGE group companies in Japan listed on the INTAGE HOLDINGS website, excluding the companies listed below.
- Group companies excluded from the scope of shared use:
- Kyoto Constella Technologies Co., Ltd.; and
- DOCOMO InsightMarketing, Inc.
Each group company sharing personal information has entrusted its business partner management operations to INTAGE Associates Inc., INTAGE Group’s shared services company.
Details Part 6: Handling of personal data of persons in foreign countries
The Company may handle the personal data of persons in foreign countries as follows:
- In connection with conducting interview surveys, Internet surveys, etc., the Company may by itself acquire personal data on-site or transfer the acquired personal data to Japan;
- The Company may, when providing its products and services, acquire personal data from the users of the products and services;
- The Company may, when entrusted with the handling of personal data by business partners, transfer such personal data to Japan; and
- In any of the above cases, the Company ensures that the personal data is properly acquired, transferred, and disposed of in compliance with the laws of the relevant countries and regions and the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan.
Details Part 7: Inquiries and Complaints Desk
For inquiries and complaints concerning the Company’s handling of personal information, please contact the following:
- INTAGE Healthcare Inc. Inquiries and Complaints Desk, 03-5294-8393
- Ochanomizu Sola City 13F, 4-6, Kandasurugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0062
INTAGE Healthcare Inc. Inquiries and Complaints Desk
- INTAGE Healthcare Inc. Inquiries and Complaints Desk
Please send using the Inquiry Form on the Company's website.
Please note that if you come to the office directly, the Company cannot accept your inquiry.
The Company may transmit cookies via this website to users’ computers. Cookies stored on users’ computers are used for the purpose of identifying these computers and promoting users’ convenience.
For more information about cookies, please visit, for example, the following page:
Many browsers today are initially set to accept cookies. Users may, at their own discretion, reset the browser to reject cookies or to indicate when a cookie is sent.
However, please note that if you reject cookies, some pages of this website will not function properly.
INTAGE Healthcare Inc.